FYI . . . click on any photo to open an enlargement in a new window.
Copyright © 2011 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank you, Mr. Postman



Look what arrived in my mailbox today! . . . I purchased these papers for two reasons . . . for one thing, they are connected to Rockdale, Texas, which is my hometown . . . but the main reason I decided to bid on them was the unique handwriting . . . and the antique papers . . . what wonderful ephemera for scanning and using in digital scrapbooking! . . . if I am reading the dates correctly (some of these are written in French . . . any interpreters out there?), these papers are dated as far back as 1874 . . . which just happens to be the very year Rockdale was founded . . . the Rockdale Centennial cover was not a part of the package . . . that's from a 1974 publication on the history of Rockdale . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment