FYI . . . click on any photo to open an enlargement in a new window.
Copyright © 2011 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bennie's Birthdays




Ten years ago today I presented the above gift certificate to my Bennie as a surprise for his 53rd birthday . . . this piece of paper has been in this place on his shop wall since that time . . . it informed him that I was gifting him with the opportunity to take 20 laps in a Winston Cup Stock Car (NASCAR) at Texas Motor Speedway . . . he had a blast! . . .

More than fifteen years before he started racing (1998) on the dirt tracks around Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, et al, Bennie bought a Cessna 150 and earned his private pilot's license . . . he enjoyed the freedom of flying above the earth's surface . . . sooo . . .

For his 1st birthday in Heaven . . . and for the 63rd anniversary of his birth here on this earth . . . I submitted his photo to be included in NASA's Face In Space program . . . click on the following link to view a few related images . . . you still have time to submit a photo to go into space on the final shuttle mission . . .



Bennie & NASA . . . his face in space . . .

1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic idea! I may have to be a copycat and do one for my father. He learned to fly and owned a Cessna himself! I am fortunate that he is still with us and I am thinking what a great gift that would be for him! I am off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete