FYI . . . click on any photo to open an enlargement in a new window.
Copyright © 2011 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Handbook of Texas Online



This photo of the screen on my laptop highlights the page for James Wrigley at The Handbook of Texas Online . . . and I am using this for my photo-of-the-day because today I discovered that this page just happens to mention one of my blogs in the bibliography . . .

As it happens, it was 115 years ago yesterday when this James Wrigley died in Alvarado, Texas . . . and I have a blog-page about him because . . . during the 1860s, he is mentioned frequently in the Hall Journal as recorded by James Madison Hall . . . as a matter of fact, in 1862, Hall writes in his Journal about naming his newborn son after his friend, James Wrigley . . .

This J.M. Hall was the brother-in-law of my 2nd great-grandpa, Samuel Houston Sharp (yes, he was named for an old family friend by the name of Sam Houston) . . . Hall was also the stepson of my 3rd great-grandma, Mahala . . . who was the mother of the previously mentioned Sam Sharp . . . in other words, our Mahala married J.M. Hall's father, Joshua James Hall . . . and then J.M. Hall married Mahala's daughter from her first marriage, Margaret . . . so he was her stepson as well as her son-in-law . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment