FYI . . . click on any photo to open an enlargement in a new window.
Copyright © 2011 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rockdale in the Saturday Evening Post



Today being the 101st anniversary of the day George Sessions Perry was born in Rockdale, Milam County, Texas, I decided to photograph my copy of an article he wrote about his (and my) hometown . . . it was published in the Saturday Evening Post in the mid-1940s . . . I have the original here . . . somewhere . . . but I guess that's another one of those items I put somewhere for safekeeping . . .

1 comment:

  1. I can associate on putting things somewhere for "safekeeping." What a great piece of history to have of your birthplace . . . are any of the buildings shown in this Saturday Evening Post still standing or there today? I love to see photos of "then and now" I always look at cities and places in that way and how much things have changed . . . I mostly like the old better than the new! Great post and wonderful photo, Vickie.

    ReplyDelete