FYI . . . click on any photo to open an enlargement in a new window.
Copyright © 2011 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Afternoon Caller



The critters in my neighborhood talk to me . . . Riley (the poodle) usually uses sign language . . . or just sits and stares and waits for me to read his mind . . . Jake and Mandy (the red-headed goats) yell at me when they think they have a chance of getting my attention . . . and a treat . . . and now the birds are joining in . . . I'm sitting here this afternoon trying to watch the NASCAR race . . . and I keep hearing a cardinal making all kinds of racket . . . so I open the front door to see what's going on . . . and there he sits . . . in the tree that is right outside my front door . . . and he actually continues to sit there . . . chirping away . . . long enough for me to go get the memory card out of the computer . . . and re-install it in the camera . . . and take several photos of him . . . before he finally flew away . . . we had a very windy day today . . . so several of the photos were blurred . . . and I had to set the focus to manual because the camera could not figure out what to focus on . . . did not have time to play with the aperture settings before he flew away . . . so this was definitely the best of them . . .

2 comments:

  1. And, it is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this photo came out...the Cardinal is very clear and some of the leaves from the tree are out of focus, love how the background came out...I think you did perfect.

    ReplyDelete